- Joining us for worship? Learn about what to expect in our thought-provoking and soulful worship services.
- Our services begin at 10:30 a.m. each Sunday. Generally children of all ages start upstairs in the Sanctuary for the beginning of the service. Younger children (infants through pre-K) are able to join the Preschool teacher beginning at 10:20 a.m. if that is easier.
- After the first hymn, an adult from the Religious Education Program will come up to the front of the Sanctuary and say a few words before lighting a candle to transfer the chalice flame to the Religious Education chalice.
- The congregation will then “sing out” the children and youth as they follow the chalice flame downstairs. (Youth group, 9th-12th grades, meets the first and third Sundays of the month.) Please feel free to accompany your child or youth to introduce yourselves. You are welcome to stay downstairs or go back to the service if your child is comfortable.
- Except in summer months, each service is followed by a Social Hour for all ages in our Willie Eaton Social Hall.
- Parents are asked go downstairs to bring their children back up to enjoy the Social Hour. There is supervised free time for children until 11:45 a.m. if parents would like to greet others during Social Hour before coming for their children.
- Interested in our programs for children and youth? Explore our transformative workshops and groups, nursery through high school.
- Wanting to find community? Check out our events listing and connections pages to find ways to connect.
We change lives for the better. These testimonials from participants in our community speak to the acceptance, transformation, and happiness we find at the UU Society of Amherst.
As you explore our website and learn about our location, feel free to contact us with your questions. We look forward to meeting you and helping you find what you need.