MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The UUSA recently voted unanimously to sign the UUA/UUSC Declaration of Conscience, a statement about putting our Unitarian Universalist values into action to resist hate, fear and bigotry. Below are resources that make it easy for you to do just this in these times of great challenges to our values. The first three are websites that keep abreast of important policy issues and make it easy for you to contact your elected officials.
- https://5calls.org — really easy. They list about seven issues that change weekly, clear explanations and give
names and numbers of who to call.
- https://roganslist.blogspot.com — also gives clear directions about actions to take as well as other infor- mation about social actions.
- 413stayingconnected — http://eepurl.com/cbMW1L — a local group sharing information about what is hap- pening in the Pioneer Valley, what you can do and how you can get involved.
These two sites are related to how to put our values into action while shopping, either online or in retail stores.
- https://grabyourwallet.org/ — a detailed spreadsheet of companies including ones recommended to patron
and others to boycott for various reasons.
- https://donegood.co/ — helps consumers discover businesses that align with their values. They just launched a new version of its Chrome extension that makes it easier for people who may wish to boycott certain stores, companies and products.
Just One Thing On the second Sunday of April a basket will be placed in the foyer for donated foods and goods for the Survival Center. During these challenging times, anything given is most appreciated. For information contact Mary Beth Seminario, 413-253-0894, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Not Bread Alone On Saturday, April 29, eight UUs are needed to prepare and serve a scrumptious lunch at this local soup kitchen. No experience is needed as we work under the direction of the kitchen leader. If you can hold a knife, you can help prepare the many dishes we create from salad, side dishes, entrees to dessert. We work in shifts. Meal prep is 9:30 a.m. – noon; serving 11:15 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. and clean-up 12 – @ 2:30 p.m. NBA is located in the lower level of the First Congregational Church with access off the Spring St parking lot. If you can help, please contact Mary Beth Seminario, 413-253-0894, email@example.com. THANK YOU