Adult Religious Education
Adult Religious Education programming works to:
- Complement the congregational mission
- Deepen connections between our spirituality and our faith
- Provide alternatives to Sunday worship
- Provide experiences and information to help people develop their UU identities
- Respond to needs and desires of adult congregants
- Help people learn how to live our UU faith
The Adult Education programming is being developed based on requests and also on volunteer interests. If you have an interest that you would like the UUSA to explore in a small group learning format please contact the Director of Religious Education.
In the past Adult RE options have included:
Book Groups Most of our books have focused on social justice. People were encouraged to borrow or buy the book and a discussion was held a few months later.
New to Unitarian Universalism or the UU Society of Amherst? We invite you to join us for a brief Getting to Know UU class. This class is designed to help you understand a little about our history, shared principles, and traditions. Whether you are new to UU, or just new to the UU Society of Amherst, we want you to feel at home here. There is no pressure or expectation regarding joining. This is just a way to get to know you, and help you get to know us.
UUSA Open Studio
Making art is a powerful way to access, express, and share one’s inner light. And making art together strengthens that light so it can burn even brighter in the world.