A Festival of Lights — Defying the Darkness
The RE MinistryThe Rev. Cynthia A. Frado
This service will also include a Dedicated offering for the Sanctuary Program at First Church. Please make checks payable to “UUSA” and write “Sanctuary Program” in the comment section. Thank you for your generosity!
Annual Potluck Holiday Lunch after the service
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst begins the search for a settled minister! Learn more . . .
Attention Curious Families! Check out our Director of Religious Education's blog to find out what the children's program is up to.
December Dedicated Offering for the Sanctuary Program at First Church
Since mid-October, First Church has been providing sanctuary to Lucio Perez. Area faith communities and individuals have also stepped forth to help. Dedicated Offerings by our Unitarian Universalist Society recognize and financially support worthy organizations engaged in projects that reflect our guiding UU principles. We hope you will give generously on December 17.
- Religious Eduction News: Happy Holidays!
- SEARCH BY THE NUMBERS: The Ministerial Search Committee
- When the Nights are Long, the Stars Shine Bright: Musings from the Interim Minister’s Inkwell – Dec. 2017
- October News from the Ministerial Search Committee
- Musings from the Interim Minister’s Inkwell: Prayer, Praise and Parking
- UUSA Big, BIG Tag Sale on Saturday, September 30th, 9 AM-3 PM
- Connecticut River Clean-Up Scheduled for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- September Offering from the Interim Minister’s Inkwell
- Women's Luncheon
- Open Studio
- Rhythms of Life: Evening of Drumming, Rattling and Merriment
- Holiday Lunch Pot Luck
- UUSA at Not Bread Alone
My family of origin is very small. Soon after I joined the UU Society of Amherst in 1993, it became the extended family I did not have. Like the members of any family, each of us is unique. But we share a thirst to Read the full testimonial.
I hadn't heard anything about Unitarian Universalism until I was twenty-five years old. Even then, my contact with the faith was limited to attending support groups and social events hosted by these liberal congregations who were reaching out to a growing number of people "coming out" Read the full testimonial.
“I have always believed that God is love: a verb, a process, a way of being. When I was in second grade I remember rejecting the idea of a God who damns people who are not Christian— Read the full testimonial.