The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst begins the search for a settled minister! Learn more . . .
Attention Curious Families! Check out our Director of Religious Education's blog to find out what the children's program is up to.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Announcements
November Dedicated Offering for The Friends of the Soldiers' Home in Holyoke, Inc.
Dedicated Offerings recognize and financially support worthy organizations engaged in projects that reflect our guiding Unitarian-Universalist principles.
The Friends, an all-volunteer organization, raises funds for programs and equipment that are not state budgeted. It provides stimulating activities for the 300 elderly veterans at the Home. It also purchases equipment to provide immediate and technologically advanced medical care.
- Religious Education News – October 2018 – Rebecca Fricke, DRE
- Along the Way – October 2018 – Rev. Steve Cook
- All New Ministerial Search Committee Report and Upcoming Cottage meetings – September 2018
- Religious Education News, September 2018, Rebecca Fricke
- From the President, September 2018, Karen Fisk
- A Note from Our Minister, Rev. Steve Cook, September 2018
- William Barber to Speak at UMASS, September 20
- Rebecca Fricke, Director of Religious Education, Receives Credentials!
My family of origin is very small. Soon after I joined the UU Society of Amherst in 1993, it became the extended family I did not have. Like the members of any family, each of us is unique. But we share a thirst to Read the full testimonial.
I hadn't heard anything about Unitarian Universalism until I was twenty-five years old. Even then, my contact with the faith was limited to attending support groups and social events hosted by these liberal congregations who were reaching out to a growing number of people "coming out" Read the full testimonial.
“I have always believed that God is love: a verb, a process, a way of being. When I was in second grade I remember rejecting the idea of a God who damns people who are not Christian— Read the full testimonial.