The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst
calls Rachael Hayes as our new minister!
Attention Curious Families! Check out our Director of Religious Education's blog to find out what the children's program is up to.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Announcements
June 16: Minister's Discretionary Fund Appeal
The UUSA is a caring community: The Minister’s Discretionary Fund allows our minister to help both congregation members and people from the greater community by providing discreet financial support. The fund is currently depleted. We will be taking a collection for the fund Sunday, June 16. Please contribute if you can.
- An Interview with Fred Small
- August Religious Education News – Rebecca Fricke, DRE
- Religious Eduction Ministry News – Rebecca Fricke- July 2019
- White Fragility: Book Chosen for Summer Reading
- Message from the President – Karen Fisk – July 2019
- Along the Way – Rev. Steve Cook – July 2019
- 2019 Annual Report Released
- Rachael Hayes is Ordained!
My family of origin is very small. Soon after I joined the UU Society of Amherst in 1993, it became the extended family I did not have. Like the members of any family, each of us is unique. But we share a thirst to Read the full testimonial.
I hadn't heard anything about Unitarian Universalism until I was twenty-five years old. Even then, my contact with the faith was limited to attending support groups and social events hosted by these liberal congregations who were reaching out to a growing number of people "coming out" Read the full testimonial.
“I have always believed that God is love: a verb, a process, a way of being. When I was in second grade I remember rejecting the idea of a God who damns people who are not Christian— Read the full testimonial.