The very same quality that allows the world and all of us to change and grow in wonderful ways also allows hurricanes, floods and people to make bad decisions.
Today is our Dedicated Offering Sunday.
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst begins the search for a settled minister! Learn more . . .
Attention Curious Families! Check out our Director of Religious Education's blog to find out what the children's program is up to.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Announcements
October Dedicated Offering for The Care Center in Holyoke
Dedicated Offerings provide a way for our Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst community to recognize and financially support worthy organizations engaged in projects that reflect our guiding Unitarian-Universalist principles. The Care Center serves young mothers in poverty by helping them earn college degrees that will lead to competitive, living-wage careers. The Care Center’s built-in supports (daycare, transportation, counseling, camaraderie, persistent encouragement) are essential.
- Religious Education News – October 2018 – Rebecca Fricke, DRE
- Along the Way – October 2018 – Rev. Steve Cook
- All New Ministerial Search Committee Report and Upcoming Cottage meetings – September 2018
- Religious Education News, September 2018, Rebecca Fricke
- From the President, September 2018, Karen Fisk
- A Note from Our Minister, Rev. Steve Cook, September 2018
- William Barber to Speak at UMASS, September 20
- Rebecca Fricke, Director of Religious Education, Receives Credentials!
My family of origin is very small. Soon after I joined the UU Society of Amherst in 1993, it became the extended family I did not have. Like the members of any family, each of us is unique. But we share a thirst to Read the full testimonial.
I hadn't heard anything about Unitarian Universalism until I was twenty-five years old. Even then, my contact with the faith was limited to attending support groups and social events hosted by these liberal congregations who were reaching out to a growing number of people "coming out" Read the full testimonial.
“I have always believed that God is love: a verb, a process, a way of being. When I was in second grade I remember rejecting the idea of a God who damns people who are not Christian— Read the full testimonial.