The Power of Song
Music and Sunday Service Committees
At times of struggle and pain, music has power to strengthen, heal, inspire, and unite. Song touches our deepest spirits. At such a time as this we recall some of the music that led us in the past and ask, “What are the songs that might unite us for the struggles ahead?”
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst (UUSA) enters a new phase this year!
- Christmas Pageant Coming to UUSA: Saturday, 12/24/16 at 5:30 PM
- Quilt to be Raffled at Stone Soup Bazaar
- Connecticut River Clean-Up Highly Successful
- Green Sanctuary Committee Exposes Hidden Problems in Cut Flowers – Anne Perkins
- UUSA Religious Education Open House – September 18th from 9:45 -10:15 AM
- Our Interim Minister, Cynthia Frado, begins Sunday Services September 11!
- UUSA Participates in AMHERST BLOCK PARTY – September 15th, 5pm
- Green Sanctuary Committee Hosts a Debate with State Rep Candidates on Climate Change Policy
- Women's Luncheon at Formosa, 62 Main Street, Amherst
- Holiday Lunch Potluck
My family of origin is very small. Soon after I joined the UU Society of Amherst in 1993, it became the extended family I did not have. Like the members of any family, each of us is unique. But we share a thirst to Read the full testimonial.
I hadn't heard anything about Unitarian Universalism until I was twenty-five years old. Even then, my contact with the faith was limited to attending support groups and social events hosted by these liberal congregations who were reaching out to a growing number of people "coming out" Read the full testimonial.
“I have always believed that God is love: a verb, a process, a way of being. When I was in second grade I remember rejecting the idea of a God who damns people who are not Christian— Read the full testimonial.