With our Wednesday morning community breakfast, UUSA does a great job of providing a meal for many who are homeless. However, sixty percent of the food aid distributed in Massachusetts goes to people who are employed and have a permanent address.
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst begins the search for a settled minister! Learn more . . .
Attention Curious Families! Check out our Director of Religious Education's blog to find out what the children's program is up to.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Announcements
March Dedicated Offering for DIAL/SELF
Dedicated Offerings recognize and financially support worthy organizations engaged in projects that reflect our Unitarian-Universalist principles. DIAL/SELF helps young people become independent by connecting them with housing, employment, education and civic opportunities. It believes that all youth possess unique strengths which are enhanced by community support and collaboration and that all youth should have the right to exercise choice in their own lives. www.dialself.org
- PRAYER FOR THE VICTIMS OF CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND
- Music Notes – Brenda Miller – March 2019
- Religious Education News – Rebecca Fricke – March 2019
- Ministerial Search Committee Report – March 2019
- Message from the President – Karen Fisk – March 2019
- Along the Way – Rev. Steve Cook – March 2019
- Ministerial Search Report – February 2019
- Music Notes
- CLOSED: Resisting White Supremacy Workshop Series
- 01/30/2019 - 04/10/2019
- Pledge Drive Luncheon
- Give Light: Spiritual Nurture for Climate Activism: An interactive, multifaith workshop led by Rev. Fred Small
- Arise for Social Justice Benefit Concert: Anne Louise White and Friends
- MeetingHouse Clean Up !
My family of origin is very small. Soon after I joined the UU Society of Amherst in 1993, it became the extended family I did not have. Like the members of any family, each of us is unique. But we share a thirst to Read the full testimonial.
I hadn't heard anything about Unitarian Universalism until I was twenty-five years old. Even then, my contact with the faith was limited to attending support groups and social events hosted by these liberal congregations who were reaching out to a growing number of people "coming out" Read the full testimonial.
“I have always believed that God is love: a verb, a process, a way of being. When I was in second grade I remember rejecting the idea of a God who damns people who are not Christian— Read the full testimonial.