The Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst begins the search for a settled minister! Learn more . . .
Attention Curious Families! Check out our Director of Religious Education's blog to find out what the children's program is up to.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Announcements
April Dedicated Offering for A Better Chance in Amherst
Dedicated Offerings recognize and financially support worthy organizations engaged in projects that reflect our Unitarian-Universalist principles. The April 21 offering will be for A Better Chance House. For 50 years, it has provided exceptionally bright minority youth from poor school districts the opportunity to live in Amherst and attend Amherst Regional High School. Ninety-five percent of its 125 graduates have attended college.
- Ministerial Search Report – April 2019
- Religious Education News – Rebecca Fricke – April 2019
- Message from the President – Karen Fisk – April 2019
- Along the Way – Rev. Steve Cook – April 2019
- PRAYER FOR THE VICTIMS OF CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND
- Music Notes – Brenda Miller – March 2019
- Religious Education News – Rebecca Fricke – March 2019
- Ministerial Search Committee Report – March 2019
- Women's Lunch Group
- Concert of Music by Women Composers
- Northampton Pride Parade
- Mark Your Calendars!!! May 18th...Talents and Treasures Service Auction
My family of origin is very small. Soon after I joined the UU Society of Amherst in 1993, it became the extended family I did not have. Like the members of any family, each of us is unique. But we share a thirst to Read the full testimonial.
I hadn't heard anything about Unitarian Universalism until I was twenty-five years old. Even then, my contact with the faith was limited to attending support groups and social events hosted by these liberal congregations who were reaching out to a growing number of people "coming out" Read the full testimonial.
“I have always believed that God is love: a verb, a process, a way of being. When I was in second grade I remember rejecting the idea of a God who damns people who are not Christian— Read the full testimonial.